The George Mines Travelling Fellowship will provide recognition and funding to outstanding Canadian arrhythmia specialists early in their careers, and provide a reliable supply of future Canadian leaders in this field. The Fellowship will support training abroad for Canadian Arrhythmia Fellows, with the intent of acquiring advanced academic arrhythmia clinical, research and/or educational skills. A total of $60,000 CND will be awarded for each Fellowship.
To be eligible for the Fellowship candidates must:
- be a member of the Canadian Heart Rhythm Society;
- be a permanent resident or citizen of Canada;
- be a physician who has or is training in a Canadian cardiology or cardiac arrhythmia program; and
- have arranged for a position in an academic training program outside of Canada.
- Candidates will be eligible regardless of whether or not they hold advanced degrees in research or education.
- Clinical fellowships without a strong academic focus are not eligible.
- Preference will be given to fellows who have an offer of employment in a Canadian academic arrhythmia centre.
- A call for applications will go out to all CHRS members each year.
- Applications must be received by March 1st.
- All applications and attachments must be emailed to CHRS at email@example.com.
- Application for Fellowship positions may be sought more than one year in advance.
- Applications for renewal for a second year will be considered at the discretion of the George Mines Travelling Fellowship Review Committee.
The 2019 call for applications is now closed.
George Mines Travelling Fellowship Recipient History
2019 Chris Cheung (Vancouver, BC)
2018 Martin Aguilar (Montreal, QC)
2017 Saman Rezazadeh (Calgary, AB)
2016 Julia Cadrin-Tourigny (Montréal, QC)
2015 Charles Dussault (Sherbrooke, QC)
2014 Jorge Wong (Windsor, ON) and Rafik Tadros (Montreal, QC)
2013 no recipient
2012 Jason Roberts (Ottawa, ON)
2011 Jaimie Manlucu (Ottawa, ON)
2010 Katia Dyrda (Montréal, QC)
The George Mines Travelling Fellowship is funded by Abbott (formerly St. Jude Medical) and Bayer Inc.